TangoUz на FaceBook: http://facebook.com/TangoUz
Видео канал на Mover (зона TAS-IX): http://mover.uz/channel/TangoUz
Запросы можно направлять по адресу: argentinetangouz@gmail.com

3 нояб. 2009 г.

What steps/moves do you use (and how often)

dchester:

Occasionally I see posts that preach to us (leaders) about keeping it simple. I don't really know how most people perceive my dancing style, and I'm not even sure how I view my own style. I get feedback from people occasionally. Lately it's been more good than bad, (but it could just be from people being polite). For me, what steps/moves I do is determined by a variety of factors (the follower's skill level, the follower's embrace, my perceptions about what/how the follower likes to dance, the music, the available space, how well I feel I am dancing that night, my energy level, etc).

In any case, I'm trying to spark a conversation about what people are doing, how often, and also from the followers, what do they feel is the "right mix" on a given occasion. So I took a swag at listing the moves I do in order from most likely to least likely (with the typical follower). Then I split the moves into three categories, grouped (again) by how likely I am to do the stuff.

75 - 95%
This is my Bread and Butter, as they say (the stuff that I do the most).
Walking
Rock steps
Turns / giros / mollinetes (sometimes with sacadas)
The Cross (Cruzada)

5 - 25%
In this category, it's likely that I'll do some of the things from this category in most tandas, but maybe not all of them.
Back Ochos
Front ochos
Pasadas
Walking in Cross system on the Dark (or closed) side
Ocho Cortado

0 - 10%
I may (or may not) do things from this category in the course of the milonga, but likely not every tanda.
Leg wraps
Volcadas
Calesitas
Single axis turns / close embrace colgadas


I suspect that I do more turns than typical, and possibly less ochos, but who knows. What moves do others do, and how often?

Ampster:

Let me see...

Always
*continually flowing into each other
Walks (with hesitations, pauses, syncopations, in the cross (3-tracks) etc., all depending on the music)
Ochos (Forward, backward)
Giros
Enrosques

Sometimes
Lapiz
Calecitas
Mordidas

Seldom
Deep volcadas
Dance in open embrace

Never
Colgadas
Underarm turns

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий