TangoUz на FaceBook: http://facebook.com/TangoUz
Видео канал на Mover (зона TAS-IX): http://mover.uz/channel/TangoUz
Запросы можно направлять по адресу: argentinetangouz@gmail.com

11 нояб. 2009 г.

Pete And Dud Talk Tango

Act Two

Pete: Well Dud; as a musician, which of the tango orchestras gains your favour.

Dud: For me, the arrangements of Tanturi coupled with the velvety voice of Enrique Campos are the epitome of good dance music. No other singer can convey emotion coupled with a sonorous rendition. Foe me he is the Bing Crosby of the tango world; not just beautiful to the ear but like drinking a really good cup of Espresso. The music has been steamed out under high temperature and the result is rich tasting and dark and smooth. What about you Pete?

Pete: Give me Pugliese every time. He is the Jimi Hendrix of the Bandoneon. He makes the instrument sound like the human voice. a human voice with passion and drama; His rendition of La Yumba captures every other tango song ever played with a bandoneon.

Dud: he was a pianist Pete.

Pete: that makes his genius even more extraordinary. Only someone with such vision could make an instrument he wasnt playing sound so evocative. When I hear Galla Ciego or Negracha I am aroused to a state of passion that is rarely experienced outside cloistered religious institutions.
If Tanturi and Campos are the best coffee of tango, then Pugliese is the Mescaline of tango. When I hear his music it transports to an altered state where I lose myself. I am no longer conscious of there being a me and a partner or that I am in a room full of people; there is only music and movement. I am no longer responsible for my actions when Pugliese is played.

Dud: Is that why you bump into so many people then?

Pete: quite possibly, Dud, quite possibly.

- BorderTangoMan, 28th May 2009

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий